A well balanced day between theory and practical handling with a range of breeds and size of dogs.
We will be exploring the range of communication options that a dog has and how positive and negative training methods can influence their responses to handling. A number of dogs will be available on the day to undertake a physical assessment with so that their behavioural responses can be identified and modified (if need be).
- 6 hour course – certificate of attendance provided
- Identifying precursory aggressive behaviour and encouraging good decision making in the dog
- Canine communicative body language in relation to handling and assessment
- Identifying pain and possible communicative behaviour options
- Working with fearful dogs
- Practical assessment of dogs and their behavioural responses